A new ground-breaking report published by The New Atlantis, Lawrence Mayer, a scholar-in-residence at Johns Hopkins University released on Monday, August 22, 2016 states there is insufficient evidence to claim that heterosexual, homosexual or bisexual attractions are an innate trait that people are born with.
Related Bible Verses
- Leviticus 18:22 “You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination.”
- 1 Corinthians 6:9-11 “Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. And such were some of you. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.”
- Romans 1:26-28 “For this reason God gave them up to dishonorable passions. For their women exchanged natural relations for those that are contrary to nature; and the men likewise gave up natural relations with women and were consumed with passion for one another, men committing shameless acts with men and receiving in themselves the due penalty for their error. And since they did not see fit to acknowledge God, God gave them up to a debased mind to do what ought not to be done.”
- 1 Timothy 1:10 “The sexually immoral, men who practice homosexuality, enslavers, liars, perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound doctrine,”
- Can a person be born gay?
- Is it possible to be a gay Christian?
- Can a person be born with the wrong gender?
- What does the Bible say about transsexualism / transgenderism? Is gender identity disorder / gender dysphoria the result of sin?